7 Discrete Types of Water Heater
A water heater is an electrical appliance that is used to heat water, as the name suggests. It is used for household or industrial purposes because it allows a continuous supply of hot water.
It generally consists of a tank and a heating mechanism to heat the water. These appliances are pretty useful and very convenient to use as you can connect them to your pipe system and have hot water in all the taps of your home.
Water heaters are very common in the USA, and one of the renowned companies that provide water heater services in San Diego is EZ Plumbing and Restoration.
Water heater installation services in San Diego are quite affordable, so do not think much before buying one for your household, especially when you have maintenance professionals to upkeep it. There are many types of water heaters, and depending on various factors, you can choose one.
Why Are Water Heaters Considered Essential?
- Supply of hot water anywhere in the house: Water heaters are connected to the centralized pipe system of the house. We turn on the tap, and we can get hot water in our bathrooms, kitchens, etc.
- Can be fit anywhere in the house: With the water heating systems more compact in size, you can install them anywhere as per need and convenience.
- Hot water anytime we want: Water is heated and stored in tanks so that you can use them anytime you want. If the water heater is tankless you just need to switch it on, and you can have a steady flow of hot water.
- Winters become easy: Let us admit that winters are especially harsh for all of us, and doing water-related chores or taking showers are a nightmare. Water heaters are a blessing at that time.
- Convenient to use: After installation is done, all you need to do is switch it on to have hot water.
Different Types Of Water Heaters – Pros & Cons
1. Conventional Water Heater
Conventional water heaters are often called storage water heaters. They are of two types depending on the type of heating mechanism that they use: natural gas and fuel.
These types of water heaters have storage tanks where water is first heated by heating elements inside the tank and then stored. When hot water is used, cold water takes its place and heats.
You can set the temperature of the water with the help of a thermostat as per your requirements. This is the most widely used water heater. You can contact any company that provides water heater services for advice on the size of the tank required, the type of fuel used, etc.
Professional companies provide water heater services in San Diego at affordable rates.
- Delivers hot water instantly.
- Most affordable water heater.
- Low maintenance
- Serves up a large amount of hot water at a time.
- Easy and cheap installation
- Comparatively high maintenance cost.
- Requires more storage space.
- Heat loss to surrounding
2. Tankless Water Heater
Tankless water heaters are also called on-demand water heaters. They are small units that can be installed anywhere in the household near taps. If you are looking for a company that does prompt water heater installation in San Diego, then EZ Plumbing and Restoration is an ideal option to consider.
They provide all the water heater services that you could require.
Water flows from the faucet to the unit where heat exchange is performed, and then the hot water is delivered to the tap.
You can shut off the water heater when it is not used, thus saving energy. It does not have a tank, as the name suggests. So the heat exchange starts when water starts flowing into the system.
- Energy-efficient that can save money in the long run
- Small in size, so it saves room
- Lasts longer
- Only pay for heating the amount of water that you use
- More expensive than the conventional water heaters
- Takes some time to deliver hot water
3. Heat Pump (Hybrid) Water Heater
Heat Pump water heater uses heat from the environment or the ground to make hot water. They operate on electricity or other fuels. Many types of heat pump water heaters are available, like the integrated/ compact systems and the split system.
It uses the same principle as the refrigerator, but instead of cooling the surrounding, it heats the water in the tank. It can also be used to heat water and cool air at the same time.
It combines all the energy-efficient techniques of using a heat pump and a traditional water heater. It requires free space around it for the proper flow of air to work efficiently, and you should install it in a space where noise is not going to be an issue.
Although they are expensive, you can get the extra expense back in the amount of money you save on the fuel that is not required in this water heater.
In order to install a Heat pump water heater in your home, you need proper guidance from a top water heater service in San Diego. There are many installation options as well.
- Energy-efficient in the right surrounding.
- Less energy consumption
- It’s three times more effective than a conventional water heater.
- Environment friendly
- Do not work efficiently in a cooler environment
- More expensive
- Cannot supply large amounts of water at once
4. Solar Water Heater
The solar water heater, as the name suggests, uses solar energy to heat water. They have storage tanks and solar collectors. They can be used in any climate.
It does not use electricity or fuels, thus eliminating the emission of carbon dioxide and making it the most economical way to produce hot water. As solar energy is free and available all year round, you can have hot water whenever you want.
In case of insufficient sunlight, it has a backup heating system. Depending on your geographical region, there are two types of Solar water heaters- Active, used in regions with a proper tropical climate, and Passive, used in freezing climates.
Proper installation and maintenance of solar water heaters are very crucial as their efficiency depends on them. Connect with the experienced water heater installation companies in San Diego for effective and quick water heater services.
- Reliable and lasts longer
- Low operating cost
- Saves money in the long run as no conventional fuels are used.
- Low maintenance cost
- Environment friendly
- Additional space is required for installation.
- Costs more for purchase and installation.
- Corrosion and its prevention require additional money.
5. Condensing Water Heater
In any water heater system, water vapor is released as a byproduct when water is heated. This water vapor is generally passed out through a vent. In condensing water heater systems, this water vapor is not vented out but reused to heat water inside the water heater through heat exchanger units which are highly durable.
It has also had a condenser that cools the steam and uses the heat and the condensed water both, thus increasing its efficiency. The discharge of water vapor happens only when its temperature is low enough, and you cannot use it any further.
Thus, we get maximum usage of the fuel that we are using in the water heater. Proper materials and installation are required as water vapor is highly corrosive.
So, suppose you are a resident of San Diego. You need to choose the best water heater installation company in San Diego so that the maintenance cost is reduced. Also, they use superior quality materials which do not corrode easily.
Water heater services in San Diego are readily available and are provided at affordable rates by companies, and also the materials used are of high quality.
- Technologically advanced with additional features
- Increased energy efficiency
- Increased Durability
- Better Insulation to prevent heat loss to surrounding
- More expensive
- More maintenance
- Requires special water heater drain
6. Smart Water Heater
These are called smart heaters because you need to connect them with your smartphone or another device through Wi-Fi. Moreover, you can control them from anywhere in the house.
You can personalize them according to your needs and wishes. From temperature to time and duration of the shower, everything is in your control.
Some heaters also let you monitor your water and energy consumption. Like any smart device, it has a wide range of choices and features. Their design is attractive and looks good with your interior design.
In order to know what other astounding features it provides, contact your nearby water heater service companies. Many people for whom comfort is a priority opt for smart water heaters. Call a top water heater service company in San Diego and get the prompt installation to enjoy its multiple benefits.
- Wireless Connection to phone or any device
- Convenient to use
- Energy-saving techniques used
- Saves time and energy
- Compact units and easy to handle
7. Point-Of-Use Water Heater
The Point-of-use water heaters are so named because they are fitted near the taps or faucets where hot water is required, thus cutting off the time required by the hot water to travel from the tank to the point of use.
They are like conventional water heaters but with smaller tanks because of a single point of use. These are best suited for households with single occupants or with multiple homeowners.
Point-of-Use water heaters have comparatively low installation costs because re-plumbing the pipes is not required, and you can get customized packages at a professional Water heater service company in San Diego.
- Eliminates the time hot water takes to travel to the faucet.
- Small size
- Added comfort and convenience
- Environment-friendly choice
- Reduces wastage of water and energy
- Limited hot water supply
- Inconsistent temperatures
Before selecting a water heater for your home, you need to keep a lot of things in mind like cost, features & specifications of it along with benefits and drawbacks, energy efficiency, size, operating costs, etc. Thus, you need to be aware of the different types of water heater and their advantages and disadvantages.
Now that we know all about types of water heaters and their pros and cons – let’s find out how to increase the efficiency and longevity of your water heater.
Expert Tips For Water Heater Maintenance
- Wait till the tank is full: We need to wait for the tank to be full before turning it on to prevent the heating element from burning out.
- Do not keep the geyser on for extended periods: Keeping the geyser on for an extended period of time can result in increased strain on the device, thus reducing its lifespan.
- Lower the temperature: Lowering the temperature results in reduced pressure on the water heater, and it also reduces electricity consumption.
- Keep checking the parts: Keep an eye on the various water heater parts like the anode rod, pressure release valves, and the plug.
- Annual Maintenance: The water heater will be used throughout the year, so maintenance is very important.
No one wants to overspend on home appliances, especially when they are new. So, avoid mistakes during the water heater installation process by hiring professional services in San Diego. Our expert team will suggest the most appropriate water heater for your home and offer guarantee-backed water heater installation and maintenance services in San Diego.
So, why undertake hassles with the wrong installation of a water heater or old water heater! Connect with EZ Plumbing and Restoration experts for superior water heater services in San Diego.